Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] One question about [TCP]Syn, Ack retransmation

From: Liu Xiaozhong <xzhliu06@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 17:46:13 +0800

Hi, there

         Now I am using Wireshark in a project. I get pcap files in Gb & Gn interfaces as the attachment, there are many [TCP]Syn, Ack retransmations in the TCP three handshake, as you see in the follow figure:

The two underlined messages content looks like no difference, and the time delay between two messages is about 300ms. There are many [TCP]Syn, Ack messages like this in the capture file. Is this retransmation valid? And in what case can this situation happen?

Thanks in advance

Andy