Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Protocol correctness analysis

From: Ilya Shvetsov <chvetsov@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 12:17:54 +0300
Hi, there!

I wroute my own dissector for our custom protocol. It works good. we are very satisfied with wireshark.

But now i have task to check our protocol for errors. we implemented reliable protocol over UDP, so we would like to check whether we have lost packet or not. whether all packet's sequences complete or not. and so on.

the question is what is the best way to implement this?
I think it will be good to start this task not during cap file opening, but by user request from menu?
if this possible, can you point me documentation for this?

--
With best regards
Ilya 'Akhil' Shvetsov