Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] QtShark Translation

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 21:13:19 +0200
Hi Jaap,

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 8:50 PM, Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Do we really want to allow for a translation of the program name?

r41389:main_welcome.cpp:

QString banner = QString(tr("Wireshark"));

Mmh.... Yes ! for the next 1st April ;-)
Fil de Requin is a good name ? ;-)

Thanks,
Jaap

On 03/04/2012 08:21 PM, Alexis La Goutte wrote:
Hi,

I realized a patch to add the i10n version of QtShark. The goal is only to
translate the Gui (not dissector)
Actually, there is only a french translations !

To test, launch qtshark with LANG=fr ./qtshark (in ui/qt folder)

For make your own translation! it is easy !

 * Add your translation (wireshark_XX.ts) in QtShark.pro
 * Launch lupdate QtShark.pro to generate/update your translation file
 * Translate with Qt Linguist
 * Launch lrelease QtShark.pro to create/update wireshark_xx.qm file

More information about Qt Translation is available in
http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/linguist-manual.html

It missing some feature :
* Add preference to select(force) your language
* Support of Cmake
* Some text it is no available for translation...

Regards,