Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Adding features in VOIP analysis

From: Arif Hossain <aftnix@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 20:46:18 +0600
Its always easy to directly insert the stat into my own schema. i don't think this is a very tough job. If dev community helps me with it, i wanna develop it myself. the developer guide is mainly helpful if i wanna write a new protocol disector, not for this kind of work. so a little help from someone who knows the codebase will be very helpful to point me out the exact places where i should put my "exporting" to mysql functionality. I will send patches when finished.

Wireshark's codebase is quite large to start reading it from scratch. if specific knowledge about the code which can help me with my cause is shared with me, i can develop it myself.

Thank you

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 4:48 PM, Jakub Zawadzki <darkjames-ws@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 05:37:48PM +0600, Arif Hossain wrote:
> Ok, what about exporting to mysql database instead of CSV? This is a worthy
> addition i guess. It will really turn wireshark into VOIP monitoring tool
> for large networks. I can create reports from mysql db. Excel is ugly as
> hell for a programmer.

Erm, why Excel? It's CSV so you can write your own parser, and do what you want.
Btw. AFAIR mysql can import from CSV files (LOAD DATA INFILE?).