Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Login and General Question

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 10:47:52 -0400
On Apr 2, 2012, at 11:17 AM, Me wrote:

> 1)  Didn't see any place to register and don't use any of the mediums such as facebook, twitter, etc.  Tried a temporary login and was rejected.   How do I register for the wireshark forum?

The only Wireshark forums are the Wireshark mailing lists; to subscribe to, or unsubscribe from, those lists, see the Subscribe/Unsubscribe/Options links for each of the lists on the page at

	http://www.wireshark.org/lists/

There's also a Wireshark Q&A site - which is *NOT* a forum, it's a Q&A site; as the page at

	http://ask.wireshark.org/faq/

says:

	This is a discussion forum, right?

	No. This is a Q&A site. Answers move up and down depending on votes. If you treat it like a traditional time-descending web forum things confusing very get can.

It's at

	http://ask.wireshark.org/

To create an account on the Q&A site, go to

	http://ask.wireshark.org/account/signin/

and click the not-very-obvious "Create account" link next to the much-more-obvious "Login" button.  (The "Create account" link should perhaps be made more obvious - I didn't find it when I first looked at the login page.)

> 2)  Wanted to know how I write a filter to monitor all activity except for four selected IP addresses?

From "to monitor all activity" I assume you're talking about a filter that discards traffic while you're capturing, rather than after you've done the capture.  If so, then the filter would be

	not host 111.111.111.111 and not host 222.222.222.222 and not host 333.333.333.333 and not host 444.444.444.444

where 111.111.111.111 etc. are the four IP addresses in question (or you can use host names for them).