Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Clear packet comment should remove the comment entirely?

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 10:53:05 -0400
Anders Broman wrote:
Stephen Fisher skrev 2012-03-30 17:59:
Unfortunately, I haven't been following development much lately. I see that we have a packet comment feature now. Is there a way to remove a comment entirely? I envision the clear button in the "Edit or Add Packet Comments" could do this instead of just clearing the text buffer, but I see that functionality would probably have to go down into the new packet list code and further into the frame data's opt_comment variable.
If you press the clear button and then save the file and reload the saved file I think the comment should be gone.

I'd been thinking about this some too; one of the first few things I wanted to do in playing with it was to Delete the comment (from the file, from the packet). I imagine users will want to too; I think leaving an empty comment feels like a workaround (even if it really deletes the comment from the file).

I just didn't (and probably won't soon) have time to do anything about it.