Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark User's Guide: Minor addition to Appendix

From: Daniel Borkmann <borkmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 20:32:03 +0200
Hi Ulf, Richard and Ed,

I saw that you've put some related tools of Wireshark into Appendix D
of your guide (http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsug_html_chunked/AppTools.html).
I was wondering if it is possible to place a page with Wireshark and
netsniff-ng (http://netsniff-ng.org/) into this section? We have heard
from our users that some of them switched from Wireshark to
netsniff-ng when it comes to the need of a higher performance when
capturing pcap files. So maybe this might be a good addition to the
document I think.

netsniff-ng is a high performance networking toolkit that uses
zero-copy for capturing (and replaying) network packets. If you are
interested in further information, please have a look at the latest
release notes (https://github.com/gnumaniacs/netsniff-ng/blob/master/Documentation/Notes-0.5.6).

I would also be happy to help with that page, if you like.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Daniel,
on behalf of netsniff-ng team