Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] dissectors

From: Christopher Maynard <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 04:54:31 +0000 (UTC)
Sven Sander <sven.sander@...> writes:

> within a former project of mine, I have written some dissectors fpr
> wireshark version 1.0.8.
> These dissectors regard to air traffic management.
> Are they any useful if I might send the source code to your organisation to
> make them public?

Hello Sven.

By all means, send your work for consideration to be included.  As suggested at
http://www.wireshark.org/develop.html under "Send Us Your Code", please attach
it to a bug report and mark it for review.

I would also suggest that you (re)read the doc/README.developer document and
spend some time upgrading your work from 1.0.8 to the latest sources, as quite a
lot has changed since then.  Please also run the various tools/check*.pl scripts
on your dissectors as well as the tools/fuzz-test.sh script.  If you can provide
capture files for testing and links to protocol specifications, that would also
be welcome, as would the addition of protocol pages on the Wireshark wiki if you
would like to.

Please keep in mind that everyone is busy with his/her own work, so a clean,
up-to-date patch of your dissectors will stand a much better chance at being
incorporated in a timely manner if minimal integration work is required.

Thanks.
- Chris