Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] (no subject)

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 19:29:20 +0100
Hi Ankitha,

What the value of event_fields ?
Do you have look other dissector use proto_tree_add_bitmask ? (packet-gsm_sim.c or packet-ieee80211.c )

Regards,

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 4:50 PM, <ankitha@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi
 I am currently working on developing of MIH protocol plugin. I am
using proto_tree_add_bitmask and getting the error in the packets as -
17:55:33          Warn Dissector bug, protocol MIH, in packet 8:
proto.c:7166: failed assertion "len * 8 == hf->display"

What may be the error?
The following is the definition of the datatype where the error occurs-

{
       &hf_event_link_detect,
       {
               "MIH LINK Detected",
               "mih.event_list.link_detect",
               FT_BOOLEAN,
               1,
               NULL,
               LINK_DETECT_MASK,
               NULL, HFILL
                       }
}

and the call to the function is like this-

evt_list_tree = proto_item_add_subtree(tlv_tree, ett_event_bitmap);
proto_tree_add_bitmask(evt_list_tree, tvb, offset, hf_event_list,
ett_event_bitmap, event_fields, ENC_BIG_ENDIAN);

-->hf_event_list is defined this way-
{
       &hf_event_list,
       {
               "List of Events",
               "mih.event_list",
               FT_UINT32,
               BASE_HEX,
               NULL,
               0x0,
               NULL, HFILL
       }
},

Let me know if any extra info is required.

NB:I am sorry for duplicating the mail, but the problem is a little
urgent.

Regards
Ankith

believed to be clean.