Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Memory corrupted

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 15:58:09 -0400
On 3/14/2012 3:52 PM, Akos Vandra wrote:
Hi!

I'm developing a dissector for a proprrietary protocol. It has been
working up until now. Today it started crashing wireshark, with the
not very helpful message:

"
20:48:51          Err  Memory corrupted
Aborted
"

Can you please help me what could be the problem? I am using ep_alloc
in the code, but it shouldn't be a problem, as it only allocates a few
bytes (<32)

In general, the best way to find the problem is with a debugger.

If you're not familiar with using a debugger on whatever platform you are using, investing the time to learn how to use the debugger really a good idea.