Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] tshark -x options

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 10:57:25 -0400
Guy Harris wrote:
On Mar 13, 2012, at 6:13 PM, Jeff Morriss wrote:

On 03/13/2012 09:00 PM, Guy Harris wrote:
On Mar 13, 2012, at 2:45 PM, kahou lei wrote:

Can anyone tell me if I can achieve the same thing that wireshark does in tshark?
Yes.  Enable "Packet summary line" in addition to "Packet bytes".
... In the File->Print menu (as opposed to the File->Export menu).

Only if you want your output in the form of dead trees.  If you want a text file, enable both of them in the File->Export->As plain text dialog.

Huh, funny...

Several times I've had users who needed help getting Wireshark's output into a file and the only way I could help them do it was to File->Print it and send the output to a file.

But now I do see the File->Export->File->as Plain Text option. Maybe I just never dug that far down the menu before.