Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Win32 Buildbot failing with "Capture 10 packets" Failed! exi

From: Anders Broman <a.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 20:33:44 +0100
Guy Harris skrev 2012-03-11 01:01:
On Mar 10, 2012, at 1:38 AM, Guy Harris wrote:

If I remove those four lines, it doesn't crash - and if I put back the status_capture_comment_hide() call, it still doesn't crash, so it's the status_expert_hide() that ultimately causes the crash.
And merely removing the

	gtk_widget_show(expert_info_none);

line from statusbar_cf_file_closing_cb(), with the rest of ui/gtk/main_statusbar.c being as it is in SVN, also eliminates the crash, as does eliminating the

	gtk_widget_hide(expert_info_none);

line from status_expert_hide().

This is probably a consequence of the cf_close() done when the capture is started; I don't know whether the problem is that showing and then hiding the expert_info_none widget causes the crash, or hiding it and later showing it causes the crash, or what.

Adding a Boolean for each of the expert_info_XXX widgets that's TRUE if a gtk_widget_show() was done on the widget and FALSE if a gtk_widget_hide() was done on it, and hiding widgets only if the Boolean is true, doesn't help.
Reverting it back to always showing the expertinfo LED might be the simplest solution then?
Regards
Anders