Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Win32 Buildbot failing with "Capture 10 packets" Failed! exi

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 16:01:26 -0800
On Mar 10, 2012, at 1:38 AM, Guy Harris wrote:

> If I remove those four lines, it doesn't crash - and if I put back the status_capture_comment_hide() call, it still doesn't crash, so it's the status_expert_hide() that ultimately causes the crash.

And merely removing the

	gtk_widget_show(expert_info_none);

line from statusbar_cf_file_closing_cb(), with the rest of ui/gtk/main_statusbar.c being as it is in SVN, also eliminates the crash, as does eliminating the

	gtk_widget_hide(expert_info_none);

line from status_expert_hide().

This is probably a consequence of the cf_close() done when the capture is started; I don't know whether the problem is that showing and then hiding the expert_info_none widget causes the crash, or hiding it and later showing it causes the crash, or what.

Adding a Boolean for each of the expert_info_XXX widgets that's TRUE if a gtk_widget_show() was done on the widget and FALSE if a gtk_widget_hide() was done on it, and hiding widgets only if the Boolean is true, doesn't help.