Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] movement of source files from the top-level directory

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 10:11:13 -0500
Guy Harris wrote:
On Mar 7, 2012, at 9:07 PM, Gilbert Ramirez wrote:
I also feel that the directories that distribute data files (radius, dtds, idl), should all be moved under another new directory, perhaps "definitions", but I know less about those files.

One advantage of having them in the top-level directory is that the top-level directory then looks a bit more like the installation directory, so the "run this from the build directory" mechanism has to do less work.

Except that the "run from the build directory" stuff can't deal with out-of-tree builds (see bug 5664). Solving that as part of this would be a nice bonus.