Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How can I register a link layer protocol?

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 12:07:51 -0500
For this to work your dissector needs to be registered by name. To get that it needs to call register_dissector().

Armando V�zquez wrote:
Thanks ashis!

When I tried this my protocol does not show up as a valid protocol, why is that? I tried using my dissector for the header protocol, but it should also disscet 2 trailer bytes, does that represent a problem ? What should I put in the header size field?

Besides, I've read that using the GUI and editing the DLT_User is the same as using the function dissector_add_uint(), am I right? If so, why isn't working? should I change something else in pcap-common.c or wtap.c or wtap.h?

Armando V�zquez Ram�rez