Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Proposed changes for using a hex integer to compare against sing

From: Gilbert Ramirez <gram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 15:03:36 -0800
Hi. I haven't committed anything to Wireshark in quite a while, so I wanted to gently re-introduce myself into the community by requesting a code review.

One of my colleagues at work noticed that it feels more natural to compare a single-byte byte string against a hex integer starting with "0x" than with just bare hex digits.

That is, instead of this:

wlan_mgt.cisco.ccx1.unknown[8] == 19

this is more natural:

wlan_mgt.cisco.ccx1.unknown[8] == 0x19

I have opened an enhancement bug at:

and attached a proposed diff to allow this.

Please let me know any feedback.

Thanks,

Gilbert