Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Problem with Centos 5.7

From: Krishnamurthy Mayya <krishnamurthymayya@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 09:23:57 +0530
Oh..ok .Thanks Jeff.
You mean to say if i try using it in Centos 6 it should work then. I will try it out

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 8:56 PM, Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Krishnamurthy Mayya wrote:
Hi all,
 I am facing problems in installing the wireshark developmental versions  (1.7.x-SVN XX) in CENTOS 5.7.
The problem seems to be with GTK +2.12 which i am not able to install and hence the dependency is not getting resolved.
Any suggestions on how to proceed ???

Well, I'd say you've got several options:

1) Build Wireshark without the GUI (./configure --disable-wireshark)
2) Build your own (more modern) GTK (probably a lot of work)
3) Use an older version of Wireshark
4) Upgrade your OS (CentOS 6 comes with GTK 2.18.9)