Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] regarding ppi frames

From: abhinav narain <abhinavnarain10@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 14:14:05 -0500
@Guy :  Thanks for the detailed reply, it helped clearing my doubt.
@Jorg :
Its a netgear router running on OpenWrt platform, I don't think Wireshark ports exist for that and even if it does .. it will practically die as it does not have enough processing power.

PS: I missed this mail in inbox, hence replied late.

Abhinav

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 12:53 AM, Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 08:20:33PM -0500, abhinav narain wrote:
> I am using wireshark on linux ( ubuntu), and I want to write a custom
> ieee80211 parser for a router machine where Wireshark cannot be installed
> (obvious reasons) .

What are these obvious reasons? Licensing or the lack of a gui or something else?

Ciao
     Jörg
--
Joerg Mayer                                           <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>