Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Windows buildbots failing

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 11:47:18 -0500
On 2/19/2012 10:49 AM, Christopher Maynard wrote:
The Windows buildbots are all failing with:

Linking tshark.exe
	link @C:\Users\buildbot\AppData\Local\Temp\nm2AA1.tmp
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'ui/cli/tap-afpstat.obj'

Running nmake -f Makefile.nmake maintainer-clean gets the build past this, so
maybe the cleaning phase should be updated?

Hmmm.... Not for me...

TSHARK_OBJ (used for linking) is created by
by
  tshark_OBJECTS = $(tshark_SOURCES:.c=.obj)

TSHARK_SOURCES is created from (among others):

TSHARK_TAP_SRC =	\
	ui/cli/tap-afpstat.c	\

However: the TAP obj's are in the top level dir since they are built as part of the top level nmake.

I suspect there will need to be a Makefile & etc in ui/cli to build a libcliui as mentioned previously by Guy.

"... We should probably build a libcliui static library from the stuff in ui/cli. ..."

Bill