Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] buildbot failure in Wireshark (developme

From: Ed Beroset <beroset@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 22:31:18 -0500
Jeff Morriss wrote:
Joerg Mayer wrote:
On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 09:59:22AM -0500, Jeff Morriss wrote:
Ed Beroset wrote:
Graham Bloice wrote:
Most likely it has a problem with the / instead of \ in
uil/util.obj.
Does someone have an idea how to resolve this?
util.obj is being produced in the top level root directory, but
the linker
is
looking for it in ui\. I'm looking at the makefile now.

Hmm. I think this would need an explicit build rule. As it stands, the
compiler is told to compile ui/util.c when in the top level
directory, so
that's where the object file is placed. The linker is told to look for
ui/util.obj and complains.
This problem is not unique to the Windows build. I just attempted to
build this version under Linux and got this:

Making all in .
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/ejb/tools/wireshark'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `util.c', needed by
`wireshark-util.o'. Stop.
Are you using cmake (it doesn't look like it)? It builds fine for me
using auto*; I even just did a "make clean all" and it worked out.

I tested using cmake, so I'd like to know more about the specific
failure.

Ed sent me an email off-list [not sure if that part was intentional or
not] and said he got it working now--there was probably something
residual messing up his build.

No, I had intended to send it to the list.  Thanks for clearing that up.

Ed