Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Meeting minutes from (pre)FOSDEM meeting

From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 16:53:36 +0100
Hi Joerg,

first of all: Thank you very much for providing the notes.
Some comments in-line.

Best regards
Michael
On Feb 3, 2012, at 4:51 PM, Joerg Mayer wrote:

> As some people met in Brussels on the eve of FOSDEM and talked about Wireshark,
> here are some notes on what was talked about. We just don't want to leave anyone
> out on what was talked about.
>
> As usual: These are personal opinions etc, nothing is set in stone....
>
> ciao
>     Jörg
>
> Next release:
>
> - we have interesting new features
>  + multi interface capture:
>    o how will people feel about the additional click required to get to capture filter
We are open for any suggestion to improve things.
>    o how well is it documented
Irene is going to update the user manual really soon. She's currently testing a patch which
* allows to rescan local interface (as suggested by you).
* add and delete remote hosts
* provide a GUI for adding pipes for capturing
This is done in a way that we can simply add other methods for capturing easily.
After this patch is checked in, the user manual will be updated. We were putting this
at the end of the list, because we wanted to improve the GUI based on feedback and
then write the documentation once.

I have a question regarding the images in the user manual. Do we have a preferred OS
to get them from?

Best regards
Michael