Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] buildbot failure in Wireshark (developme

From: Ed Beroset <beroset@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 09:09:31 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Graham Bloice wrote:
>> > Most likely it has a problem with the / instead of \ in uil/util.obj.
>> > Does someone have an idea how to resolve this?
>>
>> util.obj is being produced in the top level root directory, but the linker
>is
>> looking for it in ui\.  I'm looking at the makefile now.
>>

>Hmm.  I think this would need an explicit build rule.  As it stands, the
>compiler is told to compile ui/util.c when in the top level directory, so
>that's where the object file is placed.  The linker is told to look for
>ui/util.obj and complains.

This problem is not unique to the Windows build.  I just attempted to build this version under Linux and got this:

Making all in .
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/ejb/tools/wireshark'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `util.c', needed by `wireshark-util.o'.  Stop.

I'm also looking into this (on the Linux end) so let's make sure we continue to communicate on this issue to assure good coordination.

Ed