Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] regarding ppi frames

From: abhinav narain <abhinavnarain10@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 20:20:33 -0500
hi,
I am using wireshark on linux ( ubuntu), and I want to write a custom ieee80211 parser for a router machine where Wireshark cannot be installed (obvious reasons) .
Going through Wireshark code, there is no call to  dissect_ieee80211_ht() function.
How does wireshark find n packets ? the is_ht variable is also never used.

I have seen the runtime call graph and dissect_80211_common is called, while there is no use of capture_80211..() code, then why is it present ?
Can someone please explain ?
Also, I don't find any option to use PPI format in linux ? Can it be used for getting the information easily ?

Abhinav Narain