Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] User-Customisable Payload Dissection

From: Tyson Key <tyson.key@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 21:45:07 +0000
Hi,

Now that the GSM SIM/ISO 7816 protocol dissector has been integrated,
it might be useful to provide a "Payload Protocol" option for the CCID
dissector - so that users can switch appropriately between treating
payloads as either plain data, or as GSM SIM/ISO 7816 packets.

With that in mind, please can someone provide some pointers as to how
I'd go about implementing such a feature? I've seen some of the
preferences-related notes in the ReadMe files; and the thread on the
"Decode As..." dialogue - but I'm unsure if there's a generic approach
to dealing with that sort of thing in dissectors.

Thanks,

Tyson.

--
                                          Fight Internet Censorship!