Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] filters name : gmr1_xxx vs gmr1.xxx

From: Sylvain Munaut <246tnt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 21:10:06 +0100
Hi,

I'm about to submit GMR-1 dissectors and when running them through the
checkfiltername script, it warns me about the name I chose.

Since GMR-1 has different channel types with completely different
messages (and messages encoding), there is several packet-xxx:

packet-gmr1_dtap.c
packet-gmr1_rr.c
packet-gmr1_common.c
packet-gmr1_bcch.c

So far I had named the filters in the field definition like
gmr1.bcch.xxx  or gmr1.rr.xxx ...

Is that acceptable or should I really stick to starting the filters by
what's after the 'packet-' filename ?

Cheers,

    Sylvain