Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Qt 5 Implications for Wireshark Qt ?

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 17:26:31 -0500
On 1/31/2012 5:02 PM, Bill Meier wrote:
Can someone knowledgeable about QT comment on the implications for
Wireshark Qt of the following ?

http://labs.qt.nokia.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Qt5.pdf

There are statements like the following:

"Qt 5.0 will be the foundation for a new way of developing
applications. While offering all of the power of native Qt/C++, the
focus will over time shift to a QML centric model, where C++ is mainly
used to implement modular backend functionality for QML."

This seems to say "not to worry" ...

http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2011/05/11/responses-to-qt-5/