Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Merging capture files of different link layer type

Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 18:20:10 -0600
Hi,

My problem is to merge two files of different link layer types.

I tried merging 2 pcap files of same link type into a pcap file and it succeeded.
But when i try to merge 2 pcapng files of same link type into a pcapng file i got the error "Wireshark can't save this capture in that format."

Could some one please tell why the above error occurs? Also does mergecap has support for pcapng file format ?

Thanks
Vijay