Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 40602: /trunk/ /trunk/: CMakeLists.t
From: Jeff Morriss <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 09:59:50 -0500
Joerg Mayer wrote:
On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 10:24:24PM -0500, Jeff Morriss wrote:
On 01/19/2012 10:20 PM, [email protected] wrote:
http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=40602

User: morriss
Date: 2012/01/19 07:20 PM

Log:
  Bug 6448 says the embedded Python stuff does not really work.
  And if I run Valgrind with Python enabled, I get pages of errors related to it.

  So: disable Python by default.

Directory: /trunk/
   Changes    Path                Action
   +2 -2      CMakeLists.txt      Modified
   +1 -1      CMakeOptions.txt    Modified
Could someone familiar with CMake tell me if this part of this change is correct?
-if(HAVE_LIBPYTHON)
+if(PYTHON_FOUND)
 	set(HAVE_PYTHON 1)
set(PYTHON_DIR "${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/lib/wireshark/python/${CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION}")
 endif()

Doing that was the only way I could allow enabling/disabling Python just by changing the default option value in CMakeOptions.txt .
That looks like a bug to me: Just setting ENABLE_PYTHON to =OFF shoud have been
sufficient.
You're right, of course: I tried it again and it worked fine now.  Not
sure what was going wrong before (operator error I'm sure!).
It seems to make sense to me because I find *no* other references to HAVE_LIBPYTHON in any of the CMake stuff, but then it's the same with the rest of the HAVE_LIB* variables...
This is "hidden" in cmakeconfig.h.in

Removing the pyhton interpreter was not correct: The python interpreter is
used in several places and it is different from libpython.

I've manually reverted the changes to CMakeLists.txt in 40605
Thanks!