Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 40602: /trunk/ /trunk/: CMakeLists.t

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 12:03:39 +0100
On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 10:24:24PM -0500, Jeff Morriss wrote:
> On 01/19/2012 10:20 PM, morriss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=40602
>>
>> User: morriss
>> Date: 2012/01/19 07:20 PM
>>
>> Log:
>>   Bug 6448 says the embedded Python stuff does not really work.
>>   And if I run Valgrind with Python enabled, I get pages of errors related to it.
>>
>>   So: disable Python by default.
>>
>> Directory: /trunk/
>>    Changes    Path                Action
>>    +2 -2      CMakeLists.txt      Modified
>>    +1 -1      CMakeOptions.txt    Modified
>
> Could someone familiar with CMake tell me if this part of this change is
> correct?
>
> -if(HAVE_LIBPYTHON)
> +if(PYTHON_FOUND)
>  	set(HAVE_PYTHON 1)
>  	set(PYTHON_DIR
> "${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/lib/wireshark/python/${CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION}")
>  endif()
>
> Doing that was the only way I could allow enabling/disabling Python just
> by changing the default option value in CMakeOptions.txt .

That looks like a bug to me: Just setting ENABLE_PYTHON to =OFF shoud have been
sufficient.

> It seems to make sense to me because I find *no* other references to
> HAVE_LIBPYTHON in any of the CMake stuff, but then it's the same with
> the rest of the HAVE_LIB* variables...

This is "hidden" in cmakeconfig.h.in

Removing the pyhton interpreter was not correct: The python interpreter is
used in several places and it is different from libpython.

I've manually reverted the changes to CMakeLists.txt in 40605

Ciao
   Jörg