Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 40602: /trunk/ /trunk/: CMakeLists.t

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 22:24:24 -0500
On 01/19/2012 10:20 PM, morriss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=40602

User: morriss
Date: 2012/01/19 07:20 PM

Log:
  Bug 6448 says the embedded Python stuff does not really work.
  And if I run Valgrind with Python enabled, I get pages of errors related to it.

  So: disable Python by default.

Directory: /trunk/
   Changes    Path                Action
   +2 -2      CMakeLists.txt      Modified
   +1 -1      CMakeOptions.txt    Modified

Could someone familiar with CMake tell me if this part of this change is correct?

-if(HAVE_LIBPYTHON)
+if(PYTHON_FOUND)
 	set(HAVE_PYTHON 1)
set(PYTHON_DIR "${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/lib/wireshark/python/${CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION}")
 endif()

Doing that was the only way I could allow enabling/disabling Python just by changing the default option value in CMakeOptions.txt .

It seems to make sense to me because I find *no* other references to HAVE_LIBPYTHON in any of the CMake stuff, but then it's the same with the rest of the HAVE_LIB* variables...