Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Building plugins for both win32 & win64

From: "Graham Bloice" <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 17:39:56 -0000

There's not much building, mostly downloading.  It is best to keep them separate though.

> compiling wireshark in 32 bits (set
> WIRESHARK_TARGET_PLATFORM=win32 within a x86 visual command
> prompt), I've got this error:
>
> "inffas32.obj : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'X86'
> conflicts with target machine type 'x64'"

Have you done a 'nmake -f Makefile.nmake clean' when switching between build types?  Check after this that there are no object files left lying around 'dir /s *.obj' and delete them if there are.  As the builds are done in-tree if you don't clean all the previous types object files out they will cause issues with the build of the current type.