Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Windows build environment

From: Andriy Beregovenko <jet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 22:37:43 +0200
Hi Graham,

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 09:39:19AM -0000, Graham Bloice wrote:

> [...]

How I can detect this? I'm use windows-msi-installer from python.org.
Version 2.7.2. Btw at compile time I get error in python script
works(another script, not that script that generate register.c)

> As the generation of register.c uses Python across all platforms replacing
> it would require another cross platform solution, and as my guess is that
> the generation is I/O bound moving to a compiled rather than an interpreted
> solution may not improve things.
Anyway, to compile wireshark you need to install many other "more
traditional" tools, like bash and perl. Hence there are pocible much faster
replacement for python :) But, i think, this is more holywat theme then
practical.