Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark ABI stability 1.6.4 -> 1.6.5

From: Balint Reczey <balint.reczey@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 18:41:19 +0100
On 01/12/2012 06:06 PM, Gerald Combs wrote:
On 1/12/12 1:59 AM, Balint Reczey wrote:

I'm not sure that it is the proper approach.
We don't have to update the library version if there is no change in the
lib.

The libtool documentation says "If the library source code has changed
at all since the last update, then increment revision (‘c:r:a’ becomes
‘c:r+1:a’)." We update

Running the ACC script and updating the version based on the result
(possibly using a script) would give the right new version.

Is ACC available for Windows or OS X? I'd rather keep make-version.pl
cross-platform if possible.

BTW, what version of ACC do you have installed? All of my Ubuntu
machines have 1.6 which seems to support a completely different set of
options than the ones in the "dumpabi" makefile target. The home page at
http://ispras.linux-foundation.org/index.php/ABI_compliance_checker has
been down since September.
I use ABI compliance checker 1.21.12
Unfortunately the Debian package is outdated, but there is a packaged 1.96.1-1, waiting for sponsor:
http://packages.qa.debian.org/a/abi-compliance-checker.html

I'll give a try to 1.96.1-1.

Since we don't version dll-s and I don't know anything about the OS X builds I'm okay with supporting only currently suppported OS-s.

Cheers,
Balint