Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 40436: /trunk-1.6/ /trunk-1.6/debian
From: Joerg Mayer <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 01:31:40 +0100
On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 05:00:57PM +0000, [email protected] wrote:
> http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=40436
>
> User: gerald
> Date: 2012/01/11 09:00 AM
>
> Log:
>  Have "make-version.pl -v" update the library revision information for
>  libwireshark and libwiretap. The source code for each changes with every
>  release and according to the libtool documentation we should increment
>  the revision number. (wsutil hardly ever changes so we don't update it
>  here.)

libwiretap_la_LDFLAGS = -version-info 1:6:0 -export-symbols wtap.sym @[email protected]

Why not mimic the Wireshark version? so instead of 1:6:0 use 1:6:4 for wireshark
1.6.4? Would make it trivial to generate the library version number.

 ciao
      Jörg
--
Joerg Mayer                                           <[email protected]>