Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Windows build environment

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 01:19:01 +0100
On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 11:23:21AM -0000, Graham Bloice wrote:
> > On Jan 6, 2012, at 7:46 AM, Graham Bloice wrote:
> >
> > > I've also wondered about moving on from nmake and converting to
> > MSBuild.  This is only usable from VS2008 or later though.  Any thoughts
> on
> > that?
> >
> > If we do so, can we continue to have lists of source files in
> Makefile.common,
> > rather than, say, having to duplicate such a list in other files (which
> > developers might forget to do)?  Or, at least, can we automatically
> generate
> > the relevant MSBuild files from files such as Makefile.common?
>
> Although I haven't investigated I would expect MSBuild to be able to absorb
> such input and make it useable, either directly or by a task to generate the
> required file.

As an alternative: How about making building with cmake work for Windows?
After that, maybe the following article has some clues:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1459482/how-to-use-cmake-for-non-interactive-build-on-windows

I'm willing to support anyone who is willing to tackle this, it's just that
I don't have a Windows system to do this on my own.

Ciao
    Joerg