Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark ABI stability 1.6.4 -> 1.6.5

Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 07:37:56 +0000 (UTC)
Balint Reczey <balint.reczey@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote in news:4F09F7B3.2000505@xxxxxxxxxxxx:

> Hi,
>
> I have run tools/git-compare-abis.sh on latest master-1.6
> (wireshark-1.6.4-21-ga6c3642).
>
> The ABI is almost totally stable [1], which is very good sign for
> plugin developers and for anyone using Wireshark's libraries.  :-)
>
> There is only a minor incompatibility in packet-zbee-zcl.h caused by
> changed constants, which could be fixed by not backporting r40133.

Does this affect only ZigBee?

Do I need to recompile plugins that have compiled with 1.6.0? Since our
plugins are not ZigBee related I assume it's not necessary to compile
and distribute them. The ABI stability should allow using these plugins
for all 1.6.x version. So if there is an ABI change can do you describe
it?