Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] sniffing 802.11n packets

From: abhinav narain <abhinavnarain10@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 19:44:40 -0500
hi,
 going through the wireshark code, I am not sure about one thing.
I am using wireshark 1.7.0 codebase.

While sniffing in monitor mode, the function capture_info_packet() calls capture_radiotap()
capture_radiotap() calls  capture_ieee80211() and capture_ieee80211_datapad().
I can't find anywhere capture_80211_ht() being called.
What will be the call graph if a n (80211 ht)packet is received in monitor mode ? It seems in monitor mode, only packets which are not 80211n are captured ?

Also, capture_ieee80211_ht() is called from capture_ppi(). This traces back to sync_pipe_input_cb().

I tried to use gdb, but on applying a breakpoint on function capture_info_packets(),
gdb doesn't stop ! Does that mean its never called ? and redundant in the code ?

I thought, a packets radiotap header is parsed and then on some condition, a packet's mac header should be read as n or a/b/g
Though is_htc is a condition flag, but the code flow does not suggest it explicitly

Abhinav