Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 40312: /trunk/ /trunk/epan/dissector
From: Bill Meier <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2012 12:48:25 -0500
On 1/6/2012 4:07 PM, Maynard, Chris wrote:
... Also, what of Bill's recent work with
tvbuff's?  I believe he fixed a lot of memory leaks there as well.

There were a number of leaks fixed (of the type wherein the data buffer associated with a created REAL_DATA wasn't freed).
In addition, I fixed a number of cases wherein a REAL_DATA buffer was
created but not added as a data source. The effect is that selecting the
field in the details pane highlights some bytes in whatever byte pane is
currently active (since the byte pane for the buffer containing the
field doesn't exist).

Gerald:

I can (and will) update the 1.6 trunk (and release notes & etc) if there's time and you think it's appropriate.
Bill