Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 40312: /trunk/ /trunk/epan/dissector

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2012 12:48:25 -0500
On 1/6/2012 4:07 PM, Maynard, Chris wrote:
... Also, what of Bill's recent work with
tvbuff's?  I believe he fixed a lot of memory leaks there as well.

There were a number of leaks fixed (of the type wherein the data buffer associated with a created REAL_DATA wasn't freed).

In addition, I fixed a number of cases wherein a REAL_DATA buffer was created but not added as a data source. The effect is that selecting the field in the details pane highlights some bytes in whatever byte pane is currently active (since the byte pane for the buffer containing the field doesn't exist).

Gerald:

I can (and will) update the 1.6 trunk (and release notes & etc) if there's time and you think it's appropriate.

Bill