Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 40321: /trunk/ /trunk/epan/: base64.

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2012 12:06:06 +0100
On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 12:21:50PM -0800, Guy Harris wrote:

> On Dec 31, 2011, at 2:25 AM, Jaap Keuter wrote:
>
> > So, if this becomes relevant it should be mentioned in doc/README.developer as well.
> > (Not the Qt bit, but the (ugly) C++ interfacing stuff)
>
> I.e., tell developers who are adding header files to wrap all C declarations etc. inside

Why wrap all C declarations? I'm sure this is only relevant to a small portion
of the files.

OK, a more general question:
As it looks like we will soon have a second "full blown" ui (tshark isn't
interactive, so I don't count this), how about
- reorganizing the filesystem into something like:
  ui/			<- common ui stuff if it exists
  ui/gtk/
  ui/text/		<- tshark and other text utils
  ui/qt/
- once the qt stuff has settled in, maybe decide on a API so there won't
  be an arbitraty number of files that need protecting

Oh, one last question regarding the qt UI: Will the UI be built using an
interface building tool (qtcreator?)

Ciao
   Jörg