Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How can I use the dissector of wireshark in my program?

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 17:23:13 +0100
"homeryan" <homeryan@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I am a student from China, one of my homework is developing a simple network analyzer act just like wireshark. I decided to develop GUI interface and module of packets capture. But the part of dissector is too complex for me to complish, so, how can I invoke or use the dissector included in wireshark directly? Is there any interface and docs exist?
   Thanks, your help will be great appreciated.

There is/was a GPL project called Packetyzer that did use the dissectors from
Wireshark (then called Ethereal, i.e. it linked to libethereal.dll). But the project seems
dead and it seems to be written in both C++ and Delphi (!). Haven't taken a closer
look. There are still some install files and sources at SourgeForge from that
project. The GUI looks very nice and fast.

Sources:
 http://packetyzer.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/packetyzer/packetyzer/
 Click ""Download GNU tarball" and get the .tar.gz file.

The mainpage is at:
 http://sourceforge.net/projects/packetyzer/

--gv