Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Simplifying (and fixing) tvbuff [Long]

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 12:17:05 +0100
On 2011-12-22 01:11, Bill Meier wrote:

On 12/21/2011 12:40 PM, Bill Meier wrote:

ToDo: - Update epan/tvbtest.c - Test composite tvbs (They might now
even work).

Done ...

I've updated tvbtest.c slightly to reflect the recent tvbuff.c
revisions.

I've also fixed an issue in tvbtest.c which caused some of the composite

tvb tests to fail.

All of the tests in tvbtest now run successfully (including those
testing composite tvbs).

So there's some claim that composite tvbs now work. I'd want to do a
detailed walkthrough of the tvbuff composite code with a debugger before

I'd be comfortable with actually using composite tvbs.

Whether using composite tvbs as currently implemented is a good thing
is, of course, a different discussion.

Bill

Hi,

Mighty fine work Bill.