Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Template for external dissector plugin

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 16:36:21 +0100

On 2011-12-19 16:37, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:

Although most wireshark plugin tutorials tell you to develop
your plugin inside the wireshark source code,
it it possible to develop a plugin in a separate directory.

I have created a simple template and a corresponding
makefile for cmake to develop a plugin in a separate,
external directory, link it to the installed wireshark
library and install it to a wireshark plugin directory.

You can find the template (and some basic instructions)
on gitorious:

https://gitorious.org/wireshark-dissector-template/pages/Home

Cheers,
Reinhold

Hi,

Just for my information, is this the crux of your location independance?

find_package(Wireshark)
include_directories (${WIRESHARK_INCLUDE_DIRS})

and does this the mean you need to have the Wireshark development tree available anyway?

Thanks,
Jaap