Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Decode As... support

From: Akos Vandra <axos88@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 17:00:35 +0100
Hi!

I would like to ask how does the Decode As... functionality work in wireshark?
I have a CAN network, and on top of it there may be different
higher-level protocols, depending on application.
There is no identifier which would say that this belongs to protocol
A, or protocol B.

I think the best solution would be for the user to say that this
network has proto A or proto B on top of CAN, and then it would pass
the whole traffic to dissector B.
I guess this would be the puprose of the Decode As... option, but how
can I use it from within the CAN dissector code?

Thanks,
  Ákos