Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] debuging with MVS 2008

From: "Yosi Saggi" <yosis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 15:50:38 +0200

Hi

I’m trying to debug my dissector in Microsoft visual studio 2008.

I have taken the vcprojects from the source codes and have added the files to them. I have also created my own vcproject for my dissector. The dissector is a plugin and is not part of the general wireshark dissectors.

The way I used to debug was to compile the project through MVS 2008, create the dll for my dissector, put it in the plugin directory of my wireshark (the one I have downloaded from the web site) then attach to the process wireshark.exe and open a pcap file.

It worked fine until I tried the same on wireshark 1.7.

It works fine on my dissector files and I can debug it but I can’t go through any of the wireshark code files (such as reassemble.c, tvbuff.c …ect). It won’t load the symbols of libwireshark.

I have tried to copy the libwireshark.dll to the wireshark program directory but the wireshark crashes after getting to 99% load.

Any help wil be greatly appreciated

Yosi