Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Crash in "edit interface settings" when doing remote capture (Wi

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 13:17:20 -0700
Wireshark crashes after the first character I type into the capture
filter in the Edit Interface Settings window of a remote interface on
Windows with latest SVN (and has for a while, but I never took the time
to investigate).  The crash is happening on line 407 of
gtk\capture_dlg.c because of these lines in the
capture_filter_check_syntax_cb() function:

 if (! ws_combo_box_get_active_pointer(GTK_COMBO_BOX(linktype_combo_box), &dlt_ptr)) {
    g_assert_not_reached();  /* Programming error: somehow nothing is active */
  }

It is referring to the Link-Layer Header Type box, which is grayed out
when editing a remote interface's settings.  Is this expected?  It works
fine when editing a local interface's settings.