Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] N in 1 packets

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 22:44:06 -0800
On Dec 10, 2011, at 10:23 PM, Guy Harris wrote:

> So if those 16-byte frames have no internal structure (for example, you don't have a time stamp in each frame), but are just like, for example, the line boundaries in a hex dump, my inclination would be to have the pcap module break the byte stream into packets, even if that means that it needs to buffer a partial packet in a case where a 16-byte frame contains the beginning of a packet but not the end of the packet.

This is why I love ARM Ltd so much - they just *love* saying "sorry, *that* document is only available to registered ARM customers":

	http://infocenter.arm.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.arm.doc.ihi0029b/index.html

I've inferred from other stuff that I've seen that the CoreSight Architecture Specification documents what the trace messages in question look like.