Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] for error on verify tools installed for Wireshark developmen

From: Ed Beroset <beroset@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 12:52:32 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
"Song, Yuyin" wrote:

>I am new to Whireshark development.  I have installed all tools and Wireshark development version. When I verify all tools installed using command "nmake –f Makefile.nmake verify_tools".
>I got the error message "namke: fatal error U1073: don't konw hpw to make '-f' ".  What is the problem? how to fix it? Please advise.

I suspect that the problem could be that although they look the same, you're entering the unicode character for '-'  (hex value e28093) rather than the ASCII character '-' (hex value 2d).  I was able to test this hypothesis on my machine by entering a "long dash" in Word and then cutting and pasting that into the command you mention.  That's the only way I can think of to get the error you describe.  I hope that helps.

Ed