Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [RFC] CANOpen dissector

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 14:06:42 +0100
On 2011-12-02 16:21, Yegor Yefremov wrote:

Hi

I'm writing a CANOpen dissector
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CANopen). The dissector itself is almost
ready. The main problem I have is, how do I hook this dissector on to
SocketCan one? CAN has no ports, so I can't decide on this basis. My
suggestion were to create a drop-down list in SocketCan dissector to
select high-level CAN protocol (like CANOpen, DeviceNet etc.). What do
you think about this?

Regards,
Yegor

Hi,

Please note that:
1. We have a patch submission policy through the bugzilla database.
   You can file an enhancement bug there.
2. Before doing so, clean up the source file and read up on the
   changes in the development trunk doc/README.developer

Thanks,
Jaap