Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Some questions about licensing/core

From: Martin Mathieson <martin.r.mathieson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 14:39:22 +0000
Hi,

You could consider adding a dissector preference that controlled how much detail should be displayed,
with a sensible default setting.

Regards,
Martin

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 2:30 PM, Teto <mattator@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks for that answer. I will propose a patch to add energywise
dissection into the core when ready.

I was wondering what was the wireshark-way to add debug info only when
needed. Right now my dissector displays a lot of info, which might be
indigest in the end. But I wish I could display those infos when
debugging (even if that means recompiling).

Matt