Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark build crashes on startup

Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 12:26:42 -0800
Hi,

I build Wireshark 1.6.3 from source, It went successfully with out any issue. But when I ran it using
command ./wireshark, It crashes with the following the error:

(lt-wireshark:2564): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid cast from `GtkMenuItem' to `GtkMenu'

(lt-wireshark:2564): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_menu_get_attach_widget: assertion `GTK_IS_MENU (menu)' failed

(lt-wireshark:2564): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_set_sensitive: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

GLib-ERROR **: The thread system is not yet initialized.
aborting...
Aborted (core dumped)

But based on the error output I think the issue is different from the above one.

I have the following configuration:

glib-2.0   2.12.11
gtk+2.0  2.10.11

I did
./configure --prefix=/usr \
--sysconfdir=/etc \
--enable-threads

I have enabled thread during build, But still I got the same error.

Thanks